Wednesday, October 21, 2009

They Beat Me! Just Kidding.

In Virginia, in 2007, a 22-year old woman found in a trailer with cuts and bruises said she was badly abused by 6 different people.
She said she had been stabbed in the leg and beaten, sexually assaulted, forced to eat feces and subjected to a racial slur by her white captors.
That is really terrible, I can't believe anyone would do that! I wonder what she did to... oh wait, she just recanted her story. She is now claiming the entire thing was made up because she was "mad at her boyfriend". All six of those convicted were sentenced to 40 years in prison.
Why, all of a sudden, is this woman coming out and saying that she made it all up? Something seems suspicious to me. She hadn't said anything about it for almost 3 years and now feels the need to say that it didn't really happen. I feel like there must have been some other person encouraging, or pressuring her to do this. But perhaps that's because I don't trust Virginians... (just kidding, My grandparents are Virginians).
I just found this an interesting story, and pretty outrageous. It makes me wonder how many people are in jail for false charges right now...

2 comments:

  1. In response to that anonymous comment above this one... Your maturity astounds me. Thank you for a good laugh.

    ReplyDelete