Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Health Care Reform. No, Seriously.


You the man, Mr. Baucus.



Today Congress passed the "Baucus Bill", a bill for health care reform. What I found most exciting and interesting is that this Bill has some form of the Public Option, which I believe could be an effective system for health care companies.
Want to peruse the health care bill yourself?: Be my guest
A lot of points were made. Many say that the government shouldn't be given any more control, but some say it would benefit the public 
"The burden should be on insurance companies to make insurance affordable or else miss out on customers," Schumer said. 
True that, Schumer. People shouldn't be crushed by health care prices, in my opinion a market shouldn't work like that.
"This bill is already moving on a slippery slope to more and more government control of health care," Grassley said. 
I see where you're coming from, Grassley. However, I don't see how health care could get a lot worse than the current state it's in. I think the government controls will make sure citizens get a fair deal. There are still a lot of things to work out, and the bill still has to pass senate, but we are closer to health care reform than ever. 

Sincerely,
A

p.s. Did you catch the marble walls in the above picture? Classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment