Thursday, September 10, 2009

"You Lie!"

I didn't watch the president's entire speech tonight but I did catch the first half hour. Some parts made me very hopeful while others made me laugh. It bothers me when people insist that they're right or shove a point in your face without the facts. Such as Governor Palin saying that there would be "Death Panels", a rumor that Obama directly put to rest.
When Obama said that illegal immigrants wouldn't be covered in the new healthcare plan, I heard booing in the crowd. I later learned from CNN.com that the boo-ing was in response to Joe Wilson shouting "
You Lie!". I would like to know what he was thinking, or why he said that.
"The bill, HR 3200, would set up a health insurance "exchange," in which consumers could compare policies and choose a plan. It would create a government-run health plan to compete with private insurers in that exchange, and extend subsidies for coverage to people who aren't already covered by employers or federal programs like Medicare and Medicaid.
It specifically bars illegal immigrants from receiving those subsidies. Section 246, which is included in the part of the bill that sets up the exchange, forbids payments 'on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.'





Well that's that. From what I heard, I feel like this plan may work if passed by congress. I noticed something that Obama tends to do a lot, which is state that his plans will take more than four years. Is he suggesting that he will go another term? It is possible if this works. Who knows, it is really up in the air at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment