Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Is Obama "indoctrinating" children?


The title of this video immediately caused me to be suspicious. 
"Obama Speaking To Schoolchildren "Creepy," Says Ingraham"
and I was curious to see how she would justify saying that Obama speaking to schoolchildren is creepy. 


I really don't know where to begin, so let's just break this down, shall we? 

1)"department of education has provided materials to school children... students are asked to answer the following: what specific job is the president asking me to do?... students should also be encouraged to ask.. 'what can i do to help the president'?...'what is the president inspiring me to do?"

Okay, I see where this could seem a little bit strange. As some one who happens to agree with Obama's plans and ideas, i don't see this as a problem. But to someone who doesn't agree so much, I get why they would be uncomfortable with their children hearing Obama's ideas. 
But even then, this isn't Hitler (as many people seem to think...).
You aren't going to look at these kids papers and see this:  
1)What specific job is the president asking me to do? Kill those of an inferior race. 
you may, however, see "Help clean up the earth". 
OH NO! NOT THAT! FOR GOD SAKES, OUR CHILDREN ARE GOING TO GROW UP THINKING THAT THE EARTH NEEDS TO BE CLEANED UP?
Oh and here's something I'd really like to say. If a parent says that Obama is 'forcing' his ideals upon these kids, what do you think you, as a parent, are doing by pulling your kid out of school? Even kindergartners know when they don't like something they're hearing, even kids of that age can think for themselves to an extent.  

2)"this is creepy! if not pure, direct indoctrination, its a slick move to market Obama to our young people"
Really, woman? I mean, come on. I understand why you would disapprove... but creepy? indoctrination? I think this is taking it way, way too far. 

3)"no child left inside act. which requires schools receiving federal funds to teach about 'the enviornmental challenges' facing the planet. in other words, brainwash the young and impressionable so that they become the next generation of eco-warriors..."
For god's sake this is so frustrating. Telling children that we need to pick up our trash and recycle to help save the earth is brainwashing? I've been told to pick up my trash and recycle my whole life, and I am a free-thinking individual. heck, i dont always recycle. See, Ingraham? I am not brainwashed!

to boil this down to one point, I understand why anti-obama parents will pull their kids from school that day... but dont make it something it isnt. it isnt indoctrination... and obama is not a nazi. 

1 comment:

  1. It's always best to have consistent font size if you want to have any impact on your readership.

    ReplyDelete