Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Next thing you know, dogs will be able to adopt kids!"

this post was brought on by the reading of this article on same sex adoptions in uruguay
I feel so strongly about it, and figured I would bring it up eventually, might as well put down how I feel about the whole same sex marriage/adoption thing.
  • There is nothing to lead anyone to believe that same-sex couples cannot raise a child correctly. I know some kids who probably would've been better off with two moms or two dads.
  • separation of church and state. marriage is a RELIGIOUS INSTITUTION. someone remind me when it was okay for the government to decide what a church can do.
  • there are probably pastors who will marry same-sex couples, well good! why is california trying to say whether they are allowed to or not?! 
  • civil unions should have the same rights that married couples have. i know that non-religious people get married all the time... 
  • and to those people who think that if we allow same sex marriage then the next thing will be people allowed to marry goats.... do you have no brain in that skull?! animals cant talk! animals are a difference species! animals are animals for god sake! it is completely different! I once had someone try and tell me that it wasn't different and I almost exploded from the unlogical assumptions they were making. ahem, no offense to anyone...
so there you go. my basic viewpoint on prop 8 is that it shouldn't exist because it isn't up to the state or country to decide.
I completely respect people who don't think same-sex couples should be together. In fact, my uncle told my cousins they couldn't read Harry Potter because the author announced that Dumbledore was gay. So I really have no problem with any viewpoint, i just despise the government for getting involved where they shouldn't.


Here is a Satirical Comic for you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment